Wednesday, April 05, 2006

KNIT THERAPY

Hi again!
So, this morning has been frustrating. One daughter home sick with something, I know I'm a nurse, but she hasn't resurfaced yet so we'll wait and see. Got to get some pictures on here but I'm ashamed to say my daughter will have to show me how. (No, I do NOT feel old.)

Knitting Front:
I'm working on a sweater, my first one. I have to say it's going pretty well. Finished the back and started the front. No problems yet. Fingers crossed. I'm using TLC cotton/acrylic. Inexpensive yes, which is good for a first attempt, and it feels great. I want it to be a good weight to wear on cool summer nights or fall. The swatch came out great.

I found a terrific book for new knitters, of which I am one. It's called The Learn to Knit a Sweater Book, by Jean Leinhauser. The instructions are so clear you can follow them without rewriting or reading 50 times. Several different styles are included so I should get plenty of practice.

I'm dying to try those felted clogs I've seen on one of the websites. They are so neat looking. Anyway I've finished one scarf out of the eyelash yarn, kind of frustrating to work with. I mean you can't see the stitches. And I just finished a shawl for my mom. I did that out of Patons Bohemian in wine. It worked up really pretty and is wonderfully soft and warm. She was pleased with it so that's what counts.

No comments:

Carousel

Carousel
Merino Spinning Fiber