Well, we went to the State Fair today, I took the boys and guess what? I GOT FIRST PRIZE FOR MY FELTED TOTE!! Sorry, don't mean to yell but I was so excited, not to mention shocked. I had been telling myself not to get my hopes up because there are lots of entries but there it was, a blue ribbon. I was so pleased. Now I have to wait a week to get it back, then I may just enter it at SAFF.
For those of you who don't know SAFF, it's a fiber fair held in Asheville, NC every year. It's quite large with a whole slew of vendors selling the most wonderful yarns and spinning fiber, as well as all the other things knitters can't get enough of. Go here to check it out, www.saffsite.org If you can manage to go you'll be hooked. I got some incredible bargains last year. Still trying to decide if I can go this year.
I also got my swap partner from Knitters Coffee Swap 3! Her name is Michaela, (pretty name) and she lives in the UK! I've never had a partner from overseas before and that makes this so much more interesting. I'm already swarming the internet looking for goodies. And then I remembered I hadn't posted my questions so here they are:
1. Whole bean or ground? Ground since I haven't yet invested in a good grinder. I'm not sure I function well enough in the morning to do it then anyway.
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Definitely fully-loaded.
3. Regular or flavored? Regular for mornings, but I do like my vanilla or caramel cappuccinos in the afternoons. I usually hit Starbucks for those.
4. How do you drink your coffee? Hot, never cold, with Splenda since I'm diabetic and a splash of milk because I tend to drink the really dark roasts.
5. Favorite coffee ever? My absolute favorite is Caribou Coffee's Obsidian. It's as darkly roasted as espresso, but is so smooth and has no bitterness or aftertaste. This stuff is pure gold.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I try other brands or types, but I have become fussy about my morning coffee. It has to be dark roast and smooth, smooth. I don't like hazelnut or nutty flavors. (but I love nuts to eat, go figure.)
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Muffins, scones. I'm trying to stay away from the chocolates, bad for blood sugar.
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I like nice big, thick mugs. I like drinking it while I'm knitting or quilting, when it's quiet, listening to podcasts or music.
9. Yarn/fiber you love? I love wool, especially Merino. I really like to felt things although I don't use Merino to felt. I like Knit Picks yarns, they're nice to knit with. I love the malabrigo colors, they are so lovely but I haven't bought any yet. I like blends of natural fibers.
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? I don't like acrylic. Lace weight right now makes my eyes cross, I need new glasses. lol
11. What's on your needles? A sweater with fair isle accents made from Cascade 220 and Ultra Alpaca, for my mom. A shawl of lace weight wool/silk blend which is on hold till I get my glasses or a magnifying glass :). A pair of socks from Interweave Knits called Retro Rib Socks in superwash merino. I'm also making a queensize quilt for my son, and another throw size for I don't know who yet.
12. Favorite colors? Jewel tones definitely, also blues, yellows and reds. I just love color. But I don't like the wild insanely bright colors in some of the sock yarns.
13. Allergies? Only to things that keep me from knitting.
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? Tomorrow's Monday, which means I have to go to work, which means I can't knit. @#%^ But Tuesday is my birthday!! So every cloud has a silver lining.
Have a great week!! Cheryl